Saturday, February 13, 2010

London's Run 2010

I was given the amazing opportunity of shooting the London's Run event this year at Schnepf Farms. As a leukemia survivor, my heart aches for those that have lost their battle and I want nothing more than to be able to give whatever I can back to the cancer community and help in some way. When I first heard about London's Run, a marathon/fundraiser to benefit local families that have children battling different forms of Cancer, I thought I would try and run it. Well, I found something better! I was blessed to be able to shoot the entire event that day and meet many wonderful people. Heather Solomon, London's mother, will always and forever be one of my true heroes. To be able to lose a child and come out of it with such force that you involve an entire community is amazing. The love and support that was shown that day was incredible and there were many tears (both happy and sad) shed for all the brave children battling these diseases. If you get an opportunity to be a part of this GREAT event next year, PLEASE do so! You will not regret it! Go to londonsrun.org to see more details! And always remember to find your passion in life and GIVE BACK in whatever way you can!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Jess said...

Jamie,
You did an amazing job capturing that event. My eyes filled with tears at many of those pictures. You have such a wonderful talent! I bet it was such a memorable experience.

Kates said...

Fully crying right now from your slide show. It is amazing! You are amazing! I feel so privileged to call you my friend. Love yoU!

Heather said...

beautiful job!

Michele Anderson said...

I warms my heart to know that you have found a place that is so near and dear to your heart to give of your talents in such a beautiful way. I love that you have embraced your photography Jamers and showcased "London's Run" that has to be so pleasing to London's Mother.